Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all,

I hope you are keeping well.

I appreciate your help regarding the below e-mail.

"The campaign of transfering salary of pensioners in order to achieve success, it is all about being well positioned focusing on the values especially as this segment has increased sensitivity to values than price. Also the offering should focus on values.

From this point of view, the positioning statement of the campaign should be as follows:

Just as your comfort of making your financial transactions matters to us, what matters most to us is your health.

Now open up a digital wallet and get 500 USD as a gift to be used for your medical analysis in xxx laboratory.

The rational behind the offer:
It is actually gives customer 50% discount on the analysis for one time for no more than 500 USD. But it is more appealing to customers to mention the value of 500 USD instead of mentioning 50% discount.

Examples:
1-the cost of the analysis is 1000, the customer will get 500 as discount.
2-the cost of the analysis is 1500, the customer will get the maximum of 500 as a discount not 750.
3- the cost of the analysis is 300, the customer will get the 50% discount which is 150 and the rest of the 500 in his wallet will be forfeited.

The campaign is under study and we are in contact with the lab with which we seek to reach an agreement to give us a space for kiosk to promote this campaign."

Thanks,

EE

To whom are you sending this email, and why?

Is this email something you're having to write in your new job?

Don't pensioners have pensions rather than salaries?

Don't pensioners have pensions rather than salaries?

Maybe. I don't know the right term that is used in this context

I thought you told us, way back at the beginning of your job search, that you were only having to use English for the job-hunting and recruitment process but that you would be using Arabic once you were actually in a job.
Are you really planning to ask us for help with every single email you have to send at work? You're never going to to get anything done!

I thought you told us, way back at the beginning of your job search, that you were only having to use English for the job-hunting and recruitment process but that you would be using Arabic once you were actually in a job.
Are you really planning to ask us for help with every single email you have to send at work? You're never going to to get anything done!

We fully use Arabic in office but when it comes to e-mails it should be written in English (this is the normal standard in most of companies).

Of course I will not ask you for every single email. What confirms what I am saying is that it is almost a week since I have last seen on the forum. I am just seeking your support in important email.

However, I think there is no limitation for any member of the forum to submit as much thread as he want as long as it matches with the rules of the forum.

What do you mean by "medical analysis"?
Blood test? Medical check-up?
I think you have used terms which not many people will understand

Transferring salary (from where to where?)
Positioning statement

Last edited by a moderator:
We fully use Arabic in the office but when it comes to e-mails they should be written in English. (This is the normal standard in most [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] companies).

Of course, I will not ask you for help with every single email. What confirms what I am saying is that it is almost a week since I have last been on the forum. I am just seeking your help with an important email.

I think there is no limit to how many threads you are allowed to start.

I don't know what you mean by "What confirms what I am saying ..."
:-?

Say:

I would appreciate your help with the following email.

"The campaign of transferring salary of pensioners" makes no sense. (I don't know what you think it means.)

Economist2010, I suggest that you write shorter, simpler sentences. Ten words. After you reach ten words (more or less), start a new sentence. I am confident that it will improve your writing.

Economist2010, I suggest that you write shorter, simpler sentences. Ten words. After you reach ten words (more or less), start a new sentence. I am confident that it will improve your writing.

I agree with Tarheel. Longer sentences are not necessarily better. Shorter sentences are clearer and you are less likely to make mistakes.
Also, as I mentioned above, do not use terms which not many people understand.
You have not answered my question about "medical analysis". It is a new term to me.

[STRIKE]I think there is no limitation for any member of the forum to submit as much thread as he want as long as it matches with the rules of the forum.[/STRIKE]

I think there is no limit to how many threads you are allowed to start. :-?
You are certainly not allowed to flood the forum with too many open threads at the same time, to the detriment of other members.

From time to time, we have to limit individual members to the number of open threads they can have at any one time. The actual number depends largely on the complexity of their threads and the length of time it takes us to reply to them.

Economist2010, please say:

We speak Arabic in the office ....

Please forget fully use.

"The campaign of transferring salary of pensioners" makes no sense. (I don't know what you think it means.)

The campaign to transfer pensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back