Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Exercise ( Please have a look and fix any errors )

1- Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyubi has ended the presence of Western Crusader in Jerusalem.
2- The Barber of Seville is one of the best comedian operas.
3- Matthew Arnold was a pioneer critic in the Victorian era.
4- Gospel of Matthew discovered a lot about the features of the Jewish community where Jesus lives in.

Last edited:
This looks like it may be homework and we can't help with that. In case it isn't:

1 has an incorrect verb tense. The simple past rather than the perfect should be used.

4 has several errors. Can you spot any of them?

This looks like it may be homework and we can't help with that. In case it isn't:

1 has an incorrect verb tense. The simple past rather than the perfect should be used.

4 has several errors. Can you spot any of them?
Thanks for your help. However, this isn't a homework. I am a graduated one. This exercise for myself to improve my skills in English. What about #3 and #2 . For #4, If the verb should be changed to be" cleared "for example ? what else is error, i don't know

Can you please support.

Before we comment further, please click on "Edit" on post #1, and add a punctuation mark to the end of all four sentences.

Before we comment further, please click on "Edit" on post #1, and add a punctuation mark to the end of all four sentences.
Done :)

4- The gospel of Matthew revealed (or reveals) a lot about the features of the Jewish community where Jesus lived.

4- The gospel of Matthew revealed (or reveals) a lot about the features of the Jewish community where Jesus lived.
Thanks. What about #2 and #3

Exercise (Please have a look and fix any errors.)

1- Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyubi has ended the presence of Western Crusader in Jerusalem.
2- The Barber of Seville is one of the best comedian comic operas.
3- Matthew Arnold was a pioneer of literary criticism in the Victorian era.
4- The Gospel of Matthew discovered reveals a lot about the features of the Jewish community where in which Jesus lived. in.

Don't put a space after an opening bracket or before a closing bracket.

1. What do you mean by "ended the presence" and what is "Western Crusader"?
2. A comedian is a person who tells jokes.
3 and 4 - See my corrections above.

Don't put a space after an opening bracket or before a closing bracket.

1. What do you mean by "ended the presence" and what is "Western Crusader"?
2. A comedian is a person who tells jokes.
3 and 4 - See my corrections above.
Thanks. Let me explain what I need to say

Salah AL-Din has excluded Hyksos

Thanks. Let me explain what I need to say

Salah AL-Din has excluded Hyksos
I don't understand this at all. In post #1 you used "Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyubi". Why is it now "Salah AL-Din"? In post #1, you used "Western Crusader". Why have you changed it to "Hyksos"? What is "Hyksos"?
If this is all to do with something that is happening in Egypt, you need to remember that most of us don't live there and we don't know what any of these references are. You need to give us more information.

Let me try to help Mona out a little bit.

I think she's talking about the man who's famously known to us as Saladdin—leader of the Saracen resistance during the medieval Christian crusades.

To me, the Hyksos were a short-reigning foreign Egyptian dynasty in the second millennium BCE. I've just finished reading a book about them. I suspect that Mona is using the word Hyksos as a general word meaning 'foreigners' or 'foreign invaders'—i.e., the medieval Christian crusaders.

How about:

Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyubi retook Jerusalem from the Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back