Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Omitting present passive

Hello

The following paragraph (one) is taken from the following website. While the paragraph (two) , I added be verbs in bold. Are both paragraphs one and two correct and which one is better?

1-Saber is hostile to the Egyptian state, and is known for his support for former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, and is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, a group which is known as the “Terrorist Group” by several countries in the region

2- Saber is hostile to the Egyptian state, and he is known for his support for former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, and he is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, a group which is known as the “Terrorist Group” by several countries in the region

Hello

The following paragraph (one) is taken from the following website. While the paragraph (two) , I added be verbs in bold.
You didn't. You added the pronoun he.

The original sentence is better.

You're right. I just added pronouns "he" which were omitted in paragraph one. Is paragraph two correct?

Also, I'd use the following:

regarded as a terrorist group/considered a terrorist group

Is paragraph two correct? I added the pronouns "he" twice.

Saber is hostile to the Egyptian state, and he is known for his support for former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, and he is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, a group which is known as the “Terrorist Group” by several countries in the region
That's grammatical, but would be better split into at least two shorter sentences.

What has 'Omitting present passive' to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back