Interested in Language
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello,

Can a good soul explain to me the meaning of the bold text?

Leigh didn't have (what she used to call, to mock James M. Cain) a "short" that night, and I can't remember what Ed's story was. But I wound up doing the driving down to the Pacific Dining Car, and we left straight from the studio. Ray must've come by cab; he met us at the Bronson Gate, and I did my thing downtown for a good big T-bone dinner. Also Bermuda onion, Rondo Hatton's jaw-sized tomatoes with Roquefort dressing, and Zucchini Florentine. Ray drank; I never touch the stuff. We had an absolutely nova-squooshing dinner. Thus, before I run on at greater length, the answer to the question "Can you reminisce a bit about your Ray Bradbury connection?" is frozen in Ray's asserveration: We're brothers.

The Weariness by Harlan Ellison, 2012

Thank you very much

It means to talk excessively or extensively about the subject. It also invokes imagery of a run-on sentence.

Take care with your spelling. There are two errors in your title even though you spelt the words correctly in your post.

I believe a "kind soul" is more natural.

I think "teacher" would be better.

'Anybody' is good enough for me. We have several non-teachers who give excellent answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back