Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am having trouble finding the grammatical way of writing an animals anatomy. I am trying write about a crest on a bird specifically on a robin. Would I write robins crest, robin’s crest, or a robin crest?

Thank you

I am having trouble finding the grammatical correct way of writing an animals anatomy. I am trying to write about punctuate the words for a the crest on a bird, specifically on a robin. Would Should I write "robins crest", "robin’s crest" no comma here or "a robin crest"?

Thank you. There is no need to thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" icon.

Please note my corrections above. Your first suggestion is incorrect. The second is correctly punctuated. The third might be possible depending on context. In order for us to give you a firmer answer, please provide us with a complete sentence containing the phrase.
Out of curiosity, why did you add the indefinite article only to your third suggestion?

Do robins have crests? :unsure:

Do robins have crests? :unsure:
I wondered the same thing! British robins definitely don't. However, I discovered recently that what I call a robin is nothing like a robin in the States, nor in Spain. I assumed the OP had a particular bird in mind.
@Mynameisjr - out of curiosity, which bird are you trying to describe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back