Review of an Instrumental Named 'River Moonlight Shines on People'(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I can imagine that a carreer-unsuccessful ancient Chinese scholar whose pride and loneliness are in his blood sits alone by the riverside, gazing at the Moon reflection, looking back upon the vicissitudes of his life as[1] the waves come up and down. [2]Moonlight extends her gentle hand to caress his gray salt hair as she indiscrimnately comforts other dejected people year after year millennially.

The sound of Xun and the soul of the man simply melt together into one. I hear the waves which are rendered on the piano sigh for him.

P.S. In traditional Chinese aesthetics, we appreciate the ideology that nature and humans are in one. When we talk about the natural scenery, we could possibly allude to people though not always. This is my own understanding of Chinese culture. Of course, I cannot speak for everyone.

[1]So in my text, I write the waves come up and down. My intention is to symbolize the ups and downs of the life of the man who is a typical character of Chinese scholars.
[2]Moonlight is not only the phenomenon of nature alone, but the Moon symbolizes that the music performers and the audience including me who pin much sympathy on the man, so I personify the Moon.

Last edited:
I[STRIKE] can[/STRIKE] imagine [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] a career-unsuccessful ancient Chinese scholar whose pride and loneliness are in his blood [STRIKE]sits[/STRIKE] sitting alone by the riverside, gazing at the [STRIKE]Moon [/STRIKE]reflection of the moon, looking back upon the vicissitudes of his life as[1] the waves[STRIKE] come up and down[/STRIKE] ebb and flow. [2]Moonlight extends her gentle hand to caress his gray salt(?) hair as she [STRIKE]indiscrimnately[/STRIKE] freely comforts other dejected people year after year, eternally. [STRIKE]millennially.[/STRIKE]

The sound of Xun and the soul of the man simply [STRIKE]melt[/STRIKE]
meld together into one. I hear the waves [STRIKE]which are[/STRIKE] rendered on the piano sigh for him.

P.S. In traditional Chinese aesthetics, we appreciate the ideology that nature and humans are [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] one. When we talk about the natural scenery, we could possibly allude to people, though not always. This is my own understanding of Chinese culture. Of course, I cannot speak for everyone.

[1]So in my text, I write the waves [STRIKE]come[/STRIKE] go up and down (ebb and flow). My intention is to symbolize the ups and downs of the life of the man who is a typical [STRIKE]character of [/STRIKE]Chinese scholar[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE].
[2]Moonlight is not only the phenomenon of nature alone, but the moon symbolizes [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the music performers and the audience, including me, who [STRIKE]pin [/STRIKE] have much sympathy on the man. [STRIKE]so I personify the Moon.[/STRIKE]

I mean 'salt and pepper hair'. I fumbled for the word in my memory, and vaguely remembered there's a word about 'salt' to describe the color of hair. I searched it from the Internet, but didn't find the right word. This time, I am lucky to find it from the Internet.

It is very kind of you to fully proofread my text and explanations as well each time. That's really beyond my expectation. Thank you so much!!!:-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back