Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

************************************************************************************************************

Over the next two nights, the starlike object grew larger. Farmers harvested their crops and hunters prepared the meat from the animals they had hunted, so everyone transported their goods and returned one last time to retrieve the last of their belongings. By the time the final day came, everyone but Yang and his family had left. Xunying and Weihu had stayed behind too, refusing to leave without Lanhua and Bailian respectively.

About midmorning, Gan and those with him also packed their final items and left. They began climbing the mountain trail after a short break for lunch. Lanhua thought. “I guess I won’t be on the mountain tonight after all.” As they climbed, Lanhua couldn’t shake the feeling that she’d forgotten something.

Then Bailian returned to the group after a supposedly last run to the cave and Xiaohua. Bailian was breathing so hard from running that Weihu had to hold her up. Gan had told her to stay at the cavern this time, but Xiaohua had sent her back. “Uncle Gan, a child is missing; the Elder asks that you look just in case she came this way.”

Yang volunteered to stay and look, and Lanhua did too, guessing that fate had decided it would keep her on the mountain a little longer.

Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

************************************************************************************************************

Over the next two nights, the starlike object grew larger. The farmers harvested their crops and hunters prepared the meat from the animals they had hunted, so everyone transported their goods and returned one last time to retrieve the last of their belongings. By the time the final day came, everyone but Yang and his family had left. Xunying and Weihu had stayed behind too, refusing to leave without Lanhua and Bailian respectively.

About midmorning, Gan and those with him also packed their final items and left. They began climbing the mountain trail after a short break for lunch. Lanhua thought. “I guess I won’t be on the mountain tonight after all.” As they climbed, Lanhua couldn’t shake off the feeling that she’d forgotten something.

Then Bailian returned to the group after a supposedly last run to the cave and Xiaohua. Bailian was breathing so hard from running that Weihu had to hold her up. Gan had told her to stay at the cavern this time, but Xiaohua had sent her back. “Uncle Gan, a child is missing; the Elder asks that you look just in case she came this way.”

Yang volunteered to stay and look, and Lanhua did too, guessing that fate had decided it would keep her on the mountain a little longer.

Line 2- I don't get the use of so everyone.

Line 2- I don't get the use of so everyone.

Yes, the second part does not seem related to the first, so it is better not to join them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back