Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Teachers,

I have made my resignation letter. Is it grammatically correct?
Thanks in advance

January 24, 2015

Mrs. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
School Principal
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Inc.
xxxxxxxx District, xxxxxx City

Madam:

My sincerest greetings!

It had been a wonderful opportunity on my part to have served your institution – the institution which I have grown to love because of the people who surrounded me throughout the duration of my stay. Yes, my three year- stay at Mother Goose has been a very meaningful one for I was able to work with brilliant and wonderful children, cooperative parents, supportive colleagues and good administrators. I guess, wherever fate may take me, the memories of my stay at MGP will always linger.

However, I have reached a point wherein I have to tender my resignation effective April, 2015. I am making this move in connection with the career path redirection I have decided to take. Rest assured that I will always be grateful for the chance you have given me to serve your school.

Thank you and God bless!

Respectfully,

Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, it's a very nice letter but I'm not sure how professional it is. Generally, a resignation letter goes:

Dear [name of boss/HR officer/whoever is responsible]

I wish to tender my resignation. I hereby give my requisite one month's notice. My final day with [name of company] will be Friday February 20th, 2015.

Yours sincerely

[Your name]

I am having trouble figuring out the point of a resignation letter. Can't you just tell your boss you have found a new job?
:)

Ah, if only the bureaucracy of HR did not require written confirmation of resignation and the date it will take effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back