Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Hi there!

I do a research and I have finished my work, but my mentoree wants me to make some correction in my work.
I have finished four paragraph. Has anybody enough time to help me with a grammar check.

Thanx

Here is it:

To deeply understanding of the data, we had to carry out further preliminary tasks, which revealed properties hidden up to this point. As the Fig. 1. presents the noisy and complex nature of this set of data, made impossible to use simple statistical or clustering methods to create a predictive model. To deeply understand the user behaviour and attitudes, we had made other cleaning processes and transformation on our data.

To investigate the structure of the data and understand the user behaviour, we had to find a visualization which solves that problem. In this step, the biggest gap was the unbalanced nature of the data (n “Failed” = 419, n “Completed” = 184) which overcomplicated the interpretation of the diagrams. To solve that situation we attempt to show our results by using diagrams which showing density distribution.

This paper described a statistical methodology for predicting binary outcome in a set of data which was created in short Mooc and driven by the teacher. Based on these data, we found a successful model which was influenced by a couple of strong features. As we could see on the fig. 6 in the first 30 most weighted features contain enormous data about time, mouse click, mouse move and distance.

Features

We defined 263 features to describe our clickstream data. There was a two type of data. In the first group, there was the data which was collected during the filling process in the incoming test. The second type was the clickstream which was collected during the learning process in the three parts of the curriculum (see Table 1.). These collection we putted into 18 main categories: binary and numeral answers provided to input and output tests (28+60), time spent on the quizzes (6) and the sites where was the curriculum (7), number of visits on the site of quizzes (6) and site of curriculum (7), mouse move distance in pixels (13), average mouse speed (13), cumulated data (6), number of mouse movement on a page (13), number of clicks on a page (13), use of test buttons during the input/output testing (4), number of scrolls on a page (13), the last login date to a page compared to the first login to the site (13), the first login date compared to the first login to the site (13), days spent on the sites (13), mean behaviour on the sites (19), number of calendar days passed between the output tests (7), binary output results (1) , output results (2), user related data (6).

Hi there!

I [STRIKE]do a[/STRIKE] have finished some research [STRIKE]and I have finished my work,[/STRIKE] but my mentoree (that's not a word. Perhaps you mean "mentor") wants me to make some corrections [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to my work.

I have finished four paragraphs. Has anybody enough time to help me with a grammar check?

[STRIKE]Thanx[/STRIKE] Thanks.

Here [STRIKE]is it[/STRIKE] it is:

I don't have time to look at your whole piece now but please note the corrections I have made above to your opening few lines. Also, please note that you need to leave only one empty line between paragraphs.

I don't understand the underlined parts.
----------------------------------------------

To gain a thorough understanding of the data, we had to carry out further preliminary tasks, which revealed properties hidden up to this point. As Fig 1 shows, the noisy and complex nature of this set of data made it impossible to use simple statistical or clustering methods to create a predictive model. To properly understand the user behaviour and attitudes, we used other tidying and transformation processing on our data.

To investigate the structure of the data and understand the user behaviour, we had to find a visualization which solves that problem. In that step, the biggest gap [Do you mean “the biggest challenge”?] was the unbalanced nature of the data (n “Failed” = 419, n “Completed” = 184) which overcomplicated the interpretation of the diagrams. To solve that problem, we attempt to show our results by using diagrams which show density distribution.

This paper describes a statistical methodology for predicting binary outcome in a set of data which was created in short Mooc and driven by the teacher. Based on these data sets, we found a successful model which was influenced by a couple of strong features. As we can see in Fig 6, in the first 30 most weighted features contain enormous data about [That's badly worded] time, mouse click, mouse move and distance.

Features

We defined 263 features to describe our clickstream data. There were two types of data. In the first group, there was the data which was collected during the filling process in the incoming test. The second type was the clickstream which was collected during the learning process in the three parts of the curriculum (see Table 1). These collection [What does that mean?] we putted into 18 main categories: binary and numeral answers provided to input and output tests (28+60), time spent on the quizzes (6) and the sites of the curriculum (7), number of visits to the site of quizzes (6) and site of curriculum (7), mouse move distance in pixels (13), average mouse speed (13), cumulated data (6), number of mouse movement on a page (13), number of clicks on a page (13), use of test buttons during the input/output testing (4), number of scrolls on a page (13), the last login date to a page compared to the first login to the site [Do you mean “the page”?] (13), the first login date compared to the first login to the site (13), days spent on the sites (13), mean behaviour on the sites (19), number of calendar days between the output tests (7), binary output results (1), output results (2), user-related data [Do you mean “personal user data”?] (6).

"Do you mean “the biggest challenge”?" - Yes

"As we can see in Fig 6, in the first 30 most weighted features contain enormous data about .... mouse move ...." - I have created a list of the feature about students behaviour. For example during the online test Student101 clicking, scrolling, mouse moving, filling the test on the page of the test. I have recorded every mouse attitudes. From this data, I have created a table. Somehow (with data mining process) I have weighted every feature (nearly 250), and I ordered them. From this ordered list I have used the first 30.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back