Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Introduction
The aim of this report is to outline the deficiences in our present office environment and the suggestions which have been made for improvements, and to make recommendations for two changes.

The office environment
When I started to work here in the office I had noticed that it suffers from a huge number of problems. Firstly, the air-conditioning system is antiquated and therefore very noisy. This causes occasionally headaches and makes difficult to talk on the phone. Also, the open office plan makes it difficult for people to get along with the others. Finally, many of the office chairs are uncomfortable for the employees who spend long hours sitting on in front of the computer.

Staff suggestions
Staff were asked and they made the following suggestions: first, the air-conditioning should be replaced by a modern one, a quiter system which provide cool air in the summer and heating in the winter. It was felt that this would reduce tireness and improve morale, which would enable the staff to work more productively. In order to improve the open office plan it was suggested having seperate meeting rooms for necessary work discurssions. Staff also recommended to change the chairs they use.

Recommendation

As a first measure, I would recommend replacing the air conditioning and office chairs. These two changes will have a direct effect on the productivity of our office by reducing absence due to sick leave because people are ill and enabling the staff to work more efficiently and more comfortably.

Introduction
The aim of this report is to outline the deficiences in our present office environment and the suggestions which have been made for improvements, and to make recommendations for two changes.

NOT A TEACHER

While you (and I) are waiting for someone to answer you, here's a tip that I learned from my teachers: In a speech or a written communication, don't waste time by such introductions as "The aim of this report."

So your first sentence should be something direct and concise like: "This report outlines the deficiencies in our office environment, along with some suggestions and recommendations for improvement."

Best wishes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back