giddyman

Member Type
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
One afternoon, a man rides up to the US-Mexico border on his bicycle carrying a large bag. The guard stops him and asks, “What’s in the bag?” “Sand,” replies the man. “We’ll see about that,” says the guard. He opens the bag, empties it out, and finds nothing but sand. The guard lets the man cross the border. The next day, the same thing happens. This sequence of events (repeats / is repeated) daily for three years until, finally the man doesn’t show up. A week later, the guard runs into him in a bar in Mexico. “Hey, buddy,” says the guard. “I know you were smuggling something. Just between you and me, what was it?” The man says, “Bicycles.”

Hello, teachers.
Which is correct in the parentheses? I think both are correct. Am I right? If so, which one do you prefer?
Thank you. (This is not homework.)

source: an English study book published in South Korea (ISBN)978-89-94283-24-1

Please provide the title and author of the source book. As I said in your other thread, the information you have given isn't sufficient. We shouldn't have to go and search for the ISBN to find the information.

Please provide the title and author of the source book. As I said in your other thread, the information you have given isn't sufficient. We shouldn't have to go and search for the ISBN to find the information.

Sorry but it's not published yet. It will be soon published. I'm an editor in Korea. I'm working on the book right now.

The authors are Kim In Kyoo, Ryan Gardener and so on.
The title is "Jjukjjuk Ilgeora"
The publisher is Vision Publishing Company in Seoul.

Write is repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back