Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
24faac2c-02ca-489e-834b-63509f16dacb.jpeg
Does “reach back” mean her husband tries to contact them in a ghost form?

What else would "from beyond the grave" mean?
“Beyond the grave” means “hell”. “From beyond the grave” means “from hell”. “Reach back from beyond the grave” means “he reaches the family from hell”.

Does “reach back” mean her husband tries to contact them in a ghost form?
It does not necessarily mean "contact them". The meaning is broader. It means to have an influence on the events in their lives.

“Beyond the grave” means “hell”. “From beyond the grave” means “from hell”. “Reach back from beyond the grave” means “he reaches the family from hell”.
No. "From beyond the grave" just means from the afterlife (if you believe in that kind of thing).

I certainly don't believe every dead person is in Hell. That's pretty grim, from a Christian perspective. Hell is a place of eternal torment and punishment.

In any event, common mythology is that ghosts are spirits of the dead who have not moved on to the next step in the afterlife. They have some attachment to their lives on earth that is preventing that moving on.

It said “beyond the grave” so I didn’t know he went up or down. Probably down and that would be hell. :ROFLMAO:

It said “beyond the grave” so I didn’t know IF he went up or down. Probably down and that would be hell. :ROFLMAO:
🤣

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back