Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Re: She returned from the restroom

I would also appreciate it if you would let me know what you think about these two variations:

1.She returned from the restroom having refreshed her lipstick and applied her smokey eye shadow which complemented her thin eyebrows.

2. She returned from the restroom having refreshed her lipstick and drawn a cat eye which had made her eyes look a bit wider.

I have moved this to its own thread as it no longer has anything to do with mascara, so didn't really fit with the previous thread.

They're OK. (I guess I'll have to look up "cat eye".)

I have moved this to its own thread as it no longer has anything to do with mascara, so didn't really fit with the previous thread.

What do you think about those two sentences?

I would also appreciate it if you would let me know what you think about these two variations:

1.She returned from the restroom, having refreshed her lipstick and applied her smokey eye shadow, which complemented her thin eyebrows.

2. She returned from the restroom
, having refreshed her lipstick and drawn cat's eyes, which [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] made her eyes look a bit wider.
We're assuming she has two eyes.

We're assuming she has two eyes.

I appreciate that Charlie.

What do you think about the sentences? I mean style-wise. Do you think they are too long or something like that?

Since you asked Charlie, I am going to hold my tongue.
;-)

(I am now going to look up "cat's eye".)
:)

(Edited to note that the makeup is spelled "cat eye". (It has nothing to do with cats. ;-) ))

Last edited:

Since you asked Charlie, I am going to hold my tongue.
;-)

Please let me know what you think about it.

I'll bow to Tarheel's cosmetological expertise.

Expertise from googling "cats eye".
;-)

I agree with Charlie except for one minor thing.

:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back