Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
There is a healthcare consulting firm which has a slogan:pour with love, trust with us.

Does this slogan sound good and natural?

Only if you know what is being poured.

What's the context?

I suggest you pop in and ask them what their slogan means! It means nothing to me.

There is no context. That is a company next door to my company.

That's part of the context. The part that's still missing is the nature of the company. Is it a retail establishment that sells poured drinks like tea or coffee?

Post #1 says it's a "healthcare consulting firm". I can't make any connection between that business and their slogan.

I know they want to trust us and think they care, but the slogan is garbled in English and does not work. They would be better off trying to write a slogan in English to sit alongside the Chinese one, rather than trying to twist the original into English. Is it supposed to mean something like You can trust us to treat people with love/care?

I popped in today and they are a company who offers health advice to women on how to recover from delivery.

The slogan is intended to mean we treat our clients with love and care.

Then I see absolutely no point in using the word 'pour'.

Unless you are a winery.

Unless they are trying to say that the process of delivering a baby is like "pouring a baby out of your body"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back