Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I am at a loss as to how to correctly construct this sentence about the publication of some translation work. Please guide:

Selected poems of ABC translated by her into Punjabi have been recently published in some reputed magazines.
or
The translation done by her into Punjabi of selected poems of ABC has recently been published in some reputed magazines.

Is it have published or have been published?

It'd be helpful if you provided us the sentence before this one.

Both your sentences are grammatical but seem a little stiff.
Selected poems of ABC translated by her into Punjabi have been recently published in some reputed magazines.
I'd have used "recently been" rather than "been recently". I assume ABC and "her" are different people.

She has translated selected poems of ABC into Punjabi and these translations have recently been published in some reputed magazines.

The translation done by her into Punjabi of selected poems of ABC has recently been published in some reputed magazines.
Her Punjabi translations of selected poems of ABC have recently been published in some reputed magazines.

Is it have published or have been published?
That depends on whether the subject is singular or not. You've used both correctly. I used "have" because I used "translations".

Also, please consider if "a few" or "several" would work instead of "some".

Last edited:
This is clumsy. Stick with the first one.

I am at a loss as to how to correctly construct this sentence about the publication of some translation work. Please guide help me.

or
2. The translation done by her into Punjabi of selected poems of ABC has recently been published in some reputed magazines.

Is it Should I use "have published" or "have been published"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back