Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
My name is Marina and I from Ukraine. To be honest to describe and tell about all the reasons I have to attend at Utah Valley University or just study in the USA, I need to have more than only three pages of this essay. The value of education is something that I have understood since a very young age. My mom always says that if I will do my best I can achieve whatever I want. Since I was twelve I was sure that all of those things that my mom told me I can achieve I want to have in the USA. I had this big dream, I can even say that it is a dream of my life that I believe, encourage me to all things that I have done, force me to make brave and sometimes very risky decisions. Even then I know that this essay should represent all of the my achievements and goals in life I cannot neglect fact that my parents, who I want always be proud of me, made the biggest step that helped me to be where I am now. Because of their love and sacrifice over the years, I have been able to take all the courses I was needed in, sport clubs and one of the best schools in Kiev even though money has always been tight. My parents are doctors and from the young age I knew that even If I would not ever have the opportunity to study in America, I would make my parents proud of me anyways. An idea of mine that only the best of the best things you can have and the best person you can ever become you can become in America was supported only by a few people in my family. After I have read a very interested topic about the way how human used to think, I realized that problem is not in the idea I have but in the way I act. I needed in my own study plan that at the same time can show to my relatives that I have serious intentions of my future and teach me things that can help me in applying to university and help to get better marks and reputation in school.
In my senior year at Dante Alighieri school with an in-depth study of English and Italian languages, I have a 9.6 grade-point average out of 12. I was interested in studying world history, US history, literature, and languages. In the middle school, I was a captain in a volleyball team and our team used to get first places in competitions. For now I know 4 languages. I grew up in the bilingual family where I used to speak in Russian and Ukrainian. I had several rewards for school and city competition in English and Italian languages. An excellent experience was to be the president of my class and school for a year, be involved in the most crucial and important processes in school. Also, I am extremely interested in psychology and communication with different people. In tenth grade, I conducted an experiment among people of 16-19 age. The point of the experiment was to reveal how can children`s IQ be related to the fact that their parents told or not about the racial relationship and people different race. I also worked as an English and history tutor for younger children throughout my years in high school as a way of contributing to my family`s budget. Additionally, I have also been active in my school and community outside of the classroom. Volunteering at the local Homeless shelter, at Ukrainian volunteer clubs for soldier`s family and children whose parents died in the war. My goal is to become a military psychologist. For me, it is a matter of the honor to help soldiers recover from war and become more social with people who does not have the same sort of experience. At university in my plans is taking a few courses that can help in my professions, such as Legal Studies, and Military Science. Additionally, I want to take part in some volunteer projects such as AmeriCorps. It can be a chance to learn from others experience and show one of the most beautiful part of human soul – compassion. I know that when I reach my goals, I will be able to provide something meaningful to all of the people. About the reason why do I want to attend Utah Valley University - it is just a feeling that I
18:50:25
had when I first saw the picture of it. When it was a time to decide where I want to study amazing views and the nature of the Utah decided for me what state should I chose. The UVU`s web side which I found in Utah`s university list made me think about my future even more.I realized that my future success depends only on me.When I checked photo gallery of university I was madly in love with an atmosphere that is there.Smiling faces, I saw on pictures from the university in Instagram, people that always passionate about what they do help me to choose my university. I am sure that study at the UVU can be an excellent start of my adult life. For me as a student, it would be a pleasure to show all of my abilities in studying and out of classroom activities. To help the university develop its reputation, explore new fields and represent the university well during my college years and beyond - it is my duty as a good student. In my opinion be part of college, it is a good opportunity to find your talents or something that you didn't know about yourself earlier. Find new friends and develop communication skills, it's one of the things I am looking for in the university experience. Moreover, it can be useful for my degree and future profession. I have faced many challenges, balancing work and school, and I have willingly given my time. I am a student who is proud to be at UVU. In university, I will continue to apply the same diligence collegiate studies as I have to this point, making education and service to others is my top priority. Thank you for your consideration.

My name is Marina and I'm from Ukraine. [STRIKE]To be honest to describe and tell about all the reasons I have[/STRIKE] I'm writing to [STRIKE]attend[/STRIKE] apply to study at Utah Valley University.

[STRIKE]or just study in the USA, I need to have more than only three pages of this essay.[/STRIKE] The value of education is something that I have understood since a very young age. My [STRIKE]mom[/STRIKE] mother always says that if I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] do my best, I can achieve whatever I want; and I totally agree with her. Since I was twelve, [STRIKE]I was sure that all of those things that my mom told me I can achieve I want to have in the USA.[/STRIKE] I've had this big dream to study at a university in the US. [STRIKE]I can even say that it is a dream of my life that I believe, encourage me to all things that I have done, force me to make brave and sometimes very risky decisions. Even then I know that this essay should represent all of the my achievements and goals in life[/STRIKE] I cannot overemphasize [STRIKE] neglect[/STRIKE] the fact that my parents, who I [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] hope will always be proud of me, [STRIKE]made the biggest step that helped[/STRIKE] have enabled me to be where I am now. Because of their love and sacrifice over the years, I have been able to take all the courses I was [STRIKE]needed[/STRIKE] interested in, [STRIKE]sport clubs[/STRIKE] and attend one of the best schools in Kiev even though that cost much money.[STRIKE]money has always been tight.[/STRIKE] My parents are doctors, and from [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a young age I knew that [STRIKE]even If I would not ever have the opportunity to study in America,[/STRIKE] I would make my parents proud of me whatever career I ended up following. [STRIKE]anyways. An idea of mine that only the best of the best things you can have and the best person you can ever become you can become in America was supported only by a few people in my family. After I have read a very interested topic about the way how human used to think, I realized that problem is not in the idea I have but in the way I act. I needed in my own study plan that at the same time can show to my relatives that I have serious intentions of my future and teach me things that can help me in applying to university and help to get better marks and reputation in school.[/STRIKE]

In my senior year at Dante Alighieri school with an in-depth study of English and Italian, [STRIKE]languages,[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] got a 9.6 grade-point average out of 12. I was interested in studying world history, US history, literature, and languages. In [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] middle school, I was the captain [STRIKE]in a[/STRIKE] of the volleyball team, and our team used to get first place in competitions.

For now, I know 4 languages. I grew up in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a bilingual family where I [STRIKE]used to speak in[/STRIKE] spoke Russian and Ukrainian. I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] won several [STRIKE]rewards[/STRIKE] awards for school and city language competitions in English and Italian. [STRIKE]languages.[/STRIKE] An excellent experience was to be the president of my class and school for a year, and be involved in the most crucial and important processes in school.

Also, I am extremely interested in psychology and communicating with different people. In tenth grade, I conducted an experiment [STRIKE]among[/STRIKE] involving people [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] 16-19 years of age. The point of the experiment was to reveal how [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] children's IQ can be related to [STRIKE]the fact that[/STRIKE] whether their parents [STRIKE]told or not[/STRIKE] talked to them about [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] racial relationships and people of different races. I also worked as an English and history tutor for younger children throughout my years in high school as a way of earning some money. [STRIKE]contributing to my family`s budget.[/STRIKE]

Additionally, I have [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] been active in my school and community outside of the classroom-- volunteering at the local homeless shelter, and at Ukrainian volunteer clubs for [STRIKE]soldier`s[/STRIKE] the families of soldiers and children whose parents died in the war. My goal is to become a military psychologist. For me, it is [STRIKE]a matter of the honor[/STRIKE] an honourable vocation to help soldiers recover from war and reintegrate back into normal civil society. [STRIKE]become more social with people who does not have the same sort of experience.[/STRIKE]

I'm interested in studying a few courses at university such as Legal Studies, and Military Science [STRIKE] in my plans is taking a few courses[/STRIKE] that can help in my future career. [STRIKE]professions,[/STRIKE] Additionally, I want to take part in some volunteer projects such as AmeriCorps. It can be a chance to learn from others' experience and show one of the most beautiful parts of being a human- [STRIKE]soul –[/STRIKE] compassion. I know that when I reach my goals, I will be able to [STRIKE]provide[/STRIKE] contribute something meaningful to society. [STRIKE]all of the people.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]About the reason why do I want to attend[/STRIKE] I was inspired to apply to study at Utah Valley University [STRIKE]- it is just a feeling that I had[/STRIKE] when I first saw [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a picture of it. When it was time to decide where I wanted to study, the amazing campus views and the natural scenery [STRIKE]of the[/STRIKE] in Utah decided for me what state should I chose. The UVU's website [STRIKE]web side which I found in Utah`s university list[/STRIKE] made me think about my future even more. I realized that my future success depends only on me. When I checked the photo gallery of your university, I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] fell madly in love with [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] the atmosphere at the university. [STRIKE]that is there.[/STRIKE] The smiling faces I saw in pictures from the university in Instagram, and people that are always passionate about what they do, helped me to choose my university. I am sure that study at the UVU can be an excellent start [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] to my adult life. [STRIKE]For me as a student, it would be a pleasure to show all of my abilities in studying and out of classroom activities.[/STRIKE] I would consider it my duty as a good student to [STRIKE]help[/STRIKE] maintain and promote the university's [STRIKE]develop its[/STRIKE] reputation, explore new fields and represent the university well during my [STRIKE]college[/STRIKE] study years and beyond. [STRIKE]- it is my duty as a good student.[/STRIKE]

In my opinion, being [STRIKE]part of[/STRIKE] in college [STRIKE], it[/STRIKE] is a good opportunity to discover my [STRIKE]find your[/STRIKE] talents, [STRIKE]or something that you didn't know about yourself earlier. Find[/STRIKE] make new friends and develop my communication skills. [STRIKE]it's[/STRIKE] This is one of the things I am looking for in the university experience. [STRIKE]Moreover, it can be useful for my degree and future profession.[/STRIKE] I have faced many challenges, balancing work and school, and I have willingly given my time to voluntary activities. I [STRIKE]am a student who is proud to be[/STRIKE] would be proud to be a student at UVU, and I will do my absolute best to succeed. [STRIKE]In university, I will continue to apply the same diligence collegiate studies as I have to this point, making education and service to others is my top priority.[/STRIKE]

Thank you for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back