Please spot the mistakes in this paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
The narrator of story starts categorizing and surveying people. He gets a great deal of information regarding the people merely by noting their minor details. For instance, he notices that a man is a clerk by noticing his ear, that has came out a little. It indicates that he stores a pen behind his ear.

Is that supposed to be a summary, and why are you writing it?

It's not a summary but a little piece from that. I'm writing it to improve my English. So how do you find it? Is it without errors?

The narrator of the story starts categorizing and surveying people. He gets a great deal of information [STRIKE]regarding[/STRIKE] about [STRIKE]the people[/STRIKE] them merely by noting [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] minor details. For instance, he [STRIKE]notices[/STRIKE] works out/deduces that a man is a clerk by noticing that his ear (no comma here) [STRIKE]that has came[/STRIKE] sticks out a little. It indicates that he [STRIKE]stores[/STRIKE] regularly keeps/tucks a pen behind his ear.

See above.

I don't think "of the story" is all that necessary. I also suspect you need "starts by" instead of "starts" in that excerpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back