Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, I really need your help to edit my formal e-mail to a university. Thanks a lot!
This is the e-mail:
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to inquire more information about the East Asian Art History program in ……..University. I am currently a high school student in Vietnam. My great passion is studying Asian Art, especially East Asian Literature. Therefore, I am so interested in your East Asian Art History program that I am anxious to apply for it in your famous university for admission in 2015.
First, I would appreciate it if you could indicate the academic entry requirements and qualifications needed to be accepted into your university.
Second, I would like to request more details about English language requirements for applicants from non-English speaking country and the international student’s tuition fees.
Thank you in advance for your attention to my inquiry. I look forward to your response.
Yours sincerely,

In my opinion such an email will not elicit a response in this day and age. The university's website will give you all the information that is generally available to prospective undergraduates.

If you really can't find the information on the university website, then you should mention that in your email so that they know you have made the effort first.

If you really can't find the information on the university website, then you should mention that in your email so that they know you have made the effort first.
On the other hand, it could work against her if they know she can't navigate a website despite trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back