[Grammar] Please, help me with my correct translation!

• Thread starter Ksenia
  • Start date
  • Views : 2,134
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ksenia

Hello!
AT MY UNIVERSITY TEACHER GAVE US SOME SENTANCES TO TRANSLATE.
WE'RE STUDYIND "THE INFINITIVE" (COMPLEX SUBJECT).
AS I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS THEME PROPERLY, PLEASE, CHECK THE STRUCTURE OF MY SENTANCES.
BUT FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO ASK: IS THERE REALLY EXIST SUCH A TERM IN ENGLISH GRAMMAR - COMPLEX SUBJECT (e.g. she's expected to come soon)? IF NO, PLEASE, TELL ME HOW THIS TERM IS MANTIONED IN ENGLISH.

SO, MY SENTANCES ARE:
1 MOTHER DOESN'T LET HER SON PLAY IN THE STREET.
2 TEACHER LIKES THE STUDENTS TO WRITE HIS LECTION.
3 IT IS UNLIKELY THEIR SUGGESTION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4 iT IS UNLIKELY THAT THIS EXPERIMENT WILL GIVE SOME GOOD RESULTES.
5. THIS PROBLEM IS LIKELY WILL BE DISCUSSED AT THE MEETING.

I DONT KNOW WEATHER THET'RE RIGHT OR NOT.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!:)

Hi, Ksenia.

Please don't write with your caps lock on. It's very difficult to read such posts.

Oh, sorry! I'll try not to write with caps lock on:)
May I ask you, Kotfor, are you from Ukraine too?:):):)

You are right. Your messaging system is not activated. I wanted to confirm my being Ukrainian through a private message lest mess up the thread with personal conversation.

Last edited:
I think we should be sending private messages so that we won't mess this thread up with personal correspondence.

You're right.
Write, please a private message.

You're right.
Write, please a private message.

Dear Admins! We are sorry for this correspondence but there is no other way to get in touch. Please delete irrelevant posts of ours.

Ksyu-k (change your settings) This is the message I got when I tried to send you a message.

Ksyu-k has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Ksyu-k from the recipient list and send the message again.

I believe you need to have 15 (or more?) posts to send and receive private messages.

Actually you're right!
I've answered those private messages! But I believe they weren't delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back