Please conceal the power cables inside the wooden cladding where the display panels to be relocated to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please conceal the power cables inside the wooden cladding where the display panels to be relocated to.

Is this sentence grammatically, correct?

No. There are some words missing in the second clause. It's difficult for me to make a suggestion because I'm not sure what you mean by "where the display panels to be relocated to".

What are these display panels and what are you doing with them? In short, can you explain the context please?

@MAJSH Please note that I have changed your thread title. A single word rarely suffices as a title. Also, the word you used - relocation - didn't even feature in the sentence you were asking us about!

No. There are some words missing in the second clause. It's difficult for me to make a suggestion because I'm not sure what you mean by "where the display panels to be relocated to".

What are these display panels and what are you doing with them? In short, can you explain the context please?
Thank you.

It is a LG LED monitor, which needs to be mounted on the wall, but there is no power supply. need to be provided. I have reworded the sentences as follows.

Please pull the power cables from the control room, through the wall to the living room, and then run it under carpet, and then run it the inside wall cladding to the location where the LED display panels to be relocated to.

I am not a teacher.
The final "to" is not needed. The previous "to" is still in force.
Personally, I would use two sentences.
"Please pull the power cables from the control room, through the wall to the living room, and then run it under carpet. Then run it the inside wall cladding to where the LED display panels are to be relocated."
You might consider separating the sentences with a colon instead of a full stop. (... carpet: then ...)
[I do have a Diploma in Software Documentation, which has been accepted by employers as evidence of competence as a technical author.]

Shouldn't there be a definite article before "carpet"?
I usually say "lay cables" instead "pull cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back