Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please check with RAM that can we submit the documents from our parent company.

I understand the above sentence is not correct and the correct way will be as given below:-

Please check with RAM that whether we can submit the documents from our parent company.

I couldn't understand why the first sentence is not correct as generally we ask questions begins with can. Please clarify

Please check with Ram that whether we can submit the documents from our parent company.

Read up on "indirect questions".

Last edited:
Please check with Ram that we can we submit the documents from our parent company.

I understand the above sentence is not correct and the correct way will be should be written as given shown below:

Please check with ask Ram that if/whether we can submit the documents from our parent company.

I couldn't don't understand why the first sentence is not correct as generally we ask start/begin questions begins with "can". Please clarify.
It's just the word order that's the problem with the original.

"Please check [with XXX] that we can do [YYY]" is absolutely fine.

It does, however, suggest that your current understanding is that we can do it and you're simply asking for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back