Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hi there,

i am from Germany and i am active in a non profit organisation helping kids.

We want to write to potential Sponsors and some of them are not native german. Please comment on our approach :)

Page One:

Due to Financial hardship and changing social conditions many children grow up in a environment harmfull to their individual development. Low linguistic competence, inadequate nutrition and physical inactivity often lead to permanent disadvantages for the child and thus for society.

Our approach: Cooking and eating as a Group. Read more about it on following pages.

Page Two:

Our Work - diet and food culture

Learning
In cooperation with the City of Bonn (NRW) we introduce GTNT Lernküche.
Together with Sport- and Youth-Stars Kids learn how to cook. The work with the Stars enhances the experience.

Imitating
Imitation asked for: Many Kids refrain from eating new Food. Seeing contemporaries eat these new Foods inspires to imitate.
Eating together holds many benefits.

KNOWLEDGE Bus
Fruit juices are more healthy than Coca Cola. Most parents know that. But fruit juice contains about as much sugar as the famous Lemonade!
“Porsche Center Bonn” sponsors GTNT with a Mediabus, that will bring new and old Knowledge in the Field, to, say, Schools and youth centers.

Future
Developing social competences and fostering health can lead to a completly different path through life. Thats what makes our work so important.
More healthy, tranquil and prosperous into the future.

Bridges
Cooking and eating together provides the young with the oportunity to learn more about Foodculture of other regions, other times and other Countries. This broadens the mind and builds cultural bridges.

Interaction
In our GTNT Lehrküche children from all different cultural backgrounds and social classes work together as a team. This obviates animosities and resentments and turns strangers to neighbours. This is a fine step forward to a peaceful society. (Added later - so "edited")

Page 3 (Edited - was missing before)

Cooperation
with GTNT Café

GTNT wants to be able to finance the shown work alone. We, for instance, use returns from activities like festivals, parties and social work for the commune.

deinKult Café will help us spread the word on GTNT activities as well as it is a platform to sell merchandizing items and coffee/tee specialities for household use. Further Example: T-shirt sale of special-edition prints of known contemporary Artists. Up to 70% of the generated returns will benefit GTNT projects.

The Café will feature a BookCrossing-Zone, public reading from authors young and old, informations and lectures on healthy eating.

We are counselled by gastronomy-professionals with years of experience in this field.

Sponsorship
For our Café and our Work we still need the following hardware:

- monitors, computers, iPads

We will utilize the monitors as digital
menu together with short statements on healthy eating and intresting details about food culture.

The iPads will be available to our guests at our Surfstations.
They will find more in depth information about nutrition as well as our menu and a browser to surf the internet.

Become a sponsor and provide us with hardware (gladly refurbished or used).

In return we can offer great advertising space in the a new shopping center in the middle of the city of Bonn.

Page 4
"Only he who is part of the solution
is not part of the problem.

You are the solution.
Together we are Cult!"

We work on a voluntary basis and would be glad to see you help.

Please contact us if you want to know more about deinKult.

Our Work at a glance:

Bookreviews, Film and Music as well as help for
parents and young people (german)
GTNT in the field: Mediaday, lectures, parties, info booth
build-up of teachingkitchen GTNT Lernküche in Bonn
Mediabus for In the Field Media-Education (in progress - Sponsor Porsche)

I know this is a Forum and not a free service site - but we, as a non profit, have very limited resources and we hope some one spares the time to help.

Regurads

Last edited:
Hi again,

i still hope someone comments on our text. I have added the text to other forums now but i will post here as soon as i have good replies in the other spots.

Thank you all!

Someone at dict.cc had this answer for me:

"Too many capital letters. Here are my changes to the first section:
Financial hardship and changing social conditions mean that many children grow up in a environment that is harmful to their individual development. Low linguistic competence, inadequate nutrition and physical inactivity often lead to permanent disadvantages for the child and thus for society.

Our approach: cooking and eating together as a group. Read more about it on following pages."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back