Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
There are various foods in the world. I have a question. So far, many drugs and scientific experiments have been conducted, and everything is developed as far as it can be realized. Then, why don't you make pills that make you full? There will be many people who thought like me.

Eating every meal is very annoying and can be a burden on food expenses. In addition, if there are pills that make you full, a limited amount is set, but when filling your stomach with food, it is the standard to eat without setting the amount, so food costs a lot.

In fact, you can make enough pills to make you full. It is rather impossible for them not to be made in the state-of-the-art 21st century when science and technology are excellent. In addition to feeling full, you can replace calories, protein and nutrition that humans need with pills, but there is a reason not to make them.
=========================
Could you correct the underlined?

There are [STRIKE]various[/STRIKE] many foods in the world, and I have a question. So far, many drugs and scientific experiments have been conducted, and everything [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has been developed as far as it can be. [STRIKE]realized.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Then,[/STRIKE] Why [STRIKE]don't you make[/STRIKE] hasn't anyone made pills that make you full? I'm sure there [STRIKE]will be[/STRIKE] are many people who [STRIKE]thought[/STRIKE] think like me.

Eating actual food at every meal is very annoying and the cost can be a burden. [STRIKE]on food expenses.[/STRIKE] In addition, [STRIKE]if there are[/STRIKE] with pills that make you full, [STRIKE]a limited[/STRIKE] the amount you eat is [STRIKE]set[/STRIKE] pre-determined, but when filling your stomach with food, it is [STRIKE]the standard[/STRIKE] normal to eat without pre-setting the amount, so food [STRIKE]costs[/STRIKE] can cost a lot.

In fact, [STRIKE]you can[/STRIKE] it should be possible to make enough pills to make [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] everyone full. [STRIKE]It is rather[/STRIKE] I'm sure it's not impossible for them [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] to be made in the state-of-the-art 21st century when science and technology are excellent. In addition to feeling full, you can replace all the calories, protein and nutrition that humans need with pills, but there is a reason not to make them.

Note my corrections above. I've tried to stick closely to your original wording but, in all honesty, it's not very natural. I have marked the final clause in blue because it doesn't make sense on its own. Are you going to go on to explain what that reason is?
Your piece excludes one important aspect of food - the sheer pleasure of eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back