Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
There are various foods in the world. I have a question. So far, many drugs and scientific experiments have been conducted, and everything is developed as far as it can be realized. Then, why don't you make pills that make you full? There will be many people who thought like me.
I can't say exactly what it is, but one of the problems that arise when people rely on pills rather than food in the distant future is human physical change. Obviously, since you no longer eat food, your body that you don't use can degenerate and make a big difference in life. There are also various changes that can cause problems.

The most important thing is that there are so many delicious foods in the world that can make you overcome the annoyance of having a meal.
============================
Could you correct the underlined parts?

They don't seem logical to me. Pills that make you stop eating will simply result in death after time. And I don't get the annoyance of a meal.

I don't know what the purpose of your essay is, but I feel I should make some observations:

1. The majority of people aren't annoyed by having to eat a meal.
2. I don't know why you think that drugs and scientific experiments have been "developed as far as they can be". If that's the case, why haven't all the scientists and pharmaceutical companies thrown in the towel and gone to live on an island somewhere?
3. If a pill that completely replaced food were to be developed, people who want to "eat" that way could choose to do so and those that don't could carry on eating real food. There's no dilemma.
4. If such a pill contained exactly the "right" amount of calories, carbs, fat, protein and all other nutrients, there shouldn't be a detrimental effect on anyone's health, with the exception possibly of the fact that their teeth wouldn't have anything to do so might overgrow (or something - I'm not a dentist!)
5. If you're positing the idea of a pill as food because climate change might make it very hard to grow the food we need (a real possibility), or for humans who move to another planet (less of a possibility), then say so. As it stands, I have no idea why you've come up with this idea/question.

Last edited:
There are many foods in the world. I have a question.

I have no doubt that both statements are true, but they don't really go together. Then you follow those with a sentence that doesn't go well with the previous sentences.

The reader is going to expect some kind of logical progression from one sentence to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back