Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
This is my practice for various topics

Pickup request

* Let me now give you a situation and ask you to act it out. Let's say you're going to need a ride from a friend to get to work tomorrow morning. Call a friend and leave a message on his voice mail. Tell him that you need a ride and then ask three questions to find out things you need to know about getting a ride from him tomorrow.

Hello, this is Charlie. How’s it going?
I have some urgent situation, so I need to get a ride from you
Actually, my car is broken, so I left my car at a car service center.
Please help me to get to work.
First, I want to know where you can pick me up and what time I should get there.
What time do you usually go to work?
I'll fit in with your time to go to work.
If you want a coffee to drink, please let me know your favorite coffee.
This will be my payment for your free ride for me.
=================================

If something is wrong with the answer, please let me know.

This is my practice for various topics

Pickup request
* Let me now give you a situation and ask you to act it out. Let's say you're going to need a ride from a friend to get to work tomorrow morning. Call a friend and leave a message on his voice mail. Tell him that you need a ride and then ask three questions to find out things you need to know about getting a ride from him tomorrow.

Hello, this is Charlie. How’s it going?

I have [STRIKE]some urgent situation[/STRIKE] a big problem, so I need to get a ride from you. We don't "have a situation".

Actually, my car [STRIKE]is broken[/STRIKE] has broken down, so I have left [STRIKE]my car[/STRIKE] it at a car service center.

Please help me to get to work tomorrow.

First, I want to know where you can pick me up and what time I should get there.

What time do you usually go to work?

I'll fit in with you. [STRIKE]your time to go to work.[/STRIKE]

If you [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] would like a coffee, [STRIKE] to drink,[/STRIKE] please let me know your favorite. [STRIKE]coffee.[/STRIKE]

This will be my payment for [STRIKE]your free ride for me.[/STRIKE] the ride.
=================================

If [STRIKE]something is wrong with the answer,[/STRIKE] I have made any mistakes, please [STRIKE]let me know[/STRIKE] correct them.

See above.

The introduction says you should ask three questions. You have asked one. You need to turn some of the statements into questions.

It seems more like a conversation written for a pedagogical reason than anything natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back