rajan

Member Type
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please see the following paragraph and help me in finding out the grammatical errors or improving it further. Also, are the following lines natural, If I speak these lines to somebody?

I attend all the phone calls that come for my boss or on behalf of my boss. I take the message of the caller and if somebody wants to speak to him, I transfer the call to my boss. Before getting connected to him, I brief my boss who is on the line and the purpose of his / her call. After listening to me, if he ask me to transfer the call, I get him connected with the caller. Many times my boss ask me to dial the number for him. After taking that person on the line whom my boss asked me to connect, I transfer the call to him. I some times arrange conference call also for him. During the conference call, I have to be on the line also to take the minutes.

Please look at the following paragraph, and help me in finding [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] the grammatical errors and improving it further. Also, are the following lines natural, if I speak them to somebody?

I attend all the phone calls that come for my boss [STRIKE]or on behalf of my boss[/STRIKE]. I take the message of the caller, and if somebody wants to speak to my boss, I transfer the call to him. Before connecting them, I tell my boss who is on the line and the purpose of the call. After listening to me, if he asks me to transfer the call, I connect him with the caller. Often, my boss asks me to dial a number for him. After getting the person on the line whom my boss asked me to reach, I transfer the call to him. I sometimes also arrange conference calls [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] for him. During the conference calls, I also have to be on the line[STRIKE] also[/STRIKE] to take [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] minutes.
Say minutes if it's a formal committee or board meeting. They require a written record. If it's not, say notes.

We don't "attend phone calls". You can answer all your boss's phone calls. You can deal with them. You can, at a push, attend to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back