Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right? For example, can I use "treated" after "people" Can I say "the pain level of => 5" after "scored"?

There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was very tolerable
than people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was not tolerable. There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of => 5 on the numerical pain scale than people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of < 5 on the numerical pain scale.

Is the following right? For example, can I use "treated" after "people" Can I say "the pain level of => 5" after "scored"?

There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was very tolerable
than people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was not tolerable. There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of => 5 on the numerical pain scalethan people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of < 5 on the numerical pain scale.

It's too verbose to be easily understood. Try something like this:

More people treated using a pad soaked in solution A said the pain was "very tolerable" than "not tolerable".... etc.​

"Greater than or equal to" is symbolized as "x>=5." Not "x=>5."

Or start with "Of people treated with solution A, ..." And then don't mention Solution A again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back