Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
1. Being with you increases the pain of the heart.

Does "pain of the heart" here clearly refer to "emotional pain"? or do I have to write "emotional pain" instead?

2. Being with you increases the suffering of the heart.

Does "suffering of the heart" here clearly refer to "emotional suffering" or Do I have to write "emotional suffering" instead?

Neither is very natural, nor is it entirely clear what you're trying to express with this insult.

I presume that either you have found a sentence in Bengali that you want to translate, or that you have a Bengali thought in your mind that you want to express to someone in English. Which one is it?

Neither is very natural, nor is it entirely clear what you're trying to express with this insult.
1. Loneliness increases emotional suffering.
2. Loneliness increases the suffering of the heart.

Does "the suffering of the heart" here clearly refer to "emotional suffering"?
Are are 1 and 2 both correct?

3. Among the pains of the heart, losing you was most painful.
4. Among the emotional pains, losing you was most painful.

Does "pain if the heart" clearly refer to "emotional pain"?
And are 3 and 4 both correct?

Click here to read about heartache.

I presume that either you have found a sentence in Bengali that you want to translate, or that you have a Bengali thought in your mind that you want to express to someone in English. Which one is it?
1. "Being too sensitive caused me emotional suffering."
2. "Being too sensitive caused me the suffering of the heart."

Do these two mean the same?

3. "Among the pains of the heart, losing my best friend was most painful."
4. "Among the emotional pains, losing my best friend was mist painful."

Do the two mean the same?

Also posted here.

If you persist in posting the same thread in multiple forums without telling us why you are not satisfied with the answers in the other forum and posting a link to them, you can expect a lengthy ban.

Wait. What's happened to your original sentences starting with "Being with you"? Don't ask us a question and then change the question!

Wait. What's happened to your original sentences starting with "Being with you"? Don't ask us a question and then change the question!
You told me that my original post doesn’t make sense. That is why I'm giving you new sentences.

Can you please answer me?

Also posted here.

If you persist in posting the same thread in multiple forums without telling us why you are not satisfied with the answers in the other forum and posting a link to them, you can expect a lengthy ban.
Don't ban me. I asked about a different sentence in the other forum.

Can you now answer me?

Being with you hurts.

Being with you hurts.
Are "emotional pains" and "emotional suffering" correct to use instead of "pains of the heart" and "suffering of the heart"?

If you want to express this to someone in your life, you have to consider not just the right words to use, but also the effect that you want your words to have. You want to communicate not just the thought you have in mind, but also your feelings.

Who do you want to say it to? What is their relationship to you? Does this person have a high level of English? Do you mean it as an insult? Are you trying to hurt this person? Or are you trying to gain some sympathy? What kind of suffering are you talking about?

If you want to express this to someone in your life, you have to consider not just the right words to use, but also the effect that you want your words to have. You want to communicate not just the thought you have in mind, but also your feelings.

Who do you want to say it to? What is their relationship to you? Does this person have a high level of English? Do you mean it as an insult? Are you trying to hurt this person? Or are you trying to gain some sympathy? What kind of suffering are you talking about?

Brother, take it easy. I'm not asking you something complex.

1. "Being too sensitive about the society caused me emotional suffering."
2. "Being too sensitive about the society caused me the suffering of the heart."

Do both of these two mean the same thing if I say it to my best friend?

3. "Among the pains of the heart, losing my best friend was most painful."
4. "Among the emotional pains, losing my best friend was mist painful."

Do both of these two mean the same thing if I say it to my girlfriend?

Don't change your question.

We're trying to help you here so please try to focus. Before you post again, get straight what you want to say, who you want to say it to, and why.

Don't change your question.

We're trying to help you here so please try to focus. Before you post again, get straight what you want to say, who you want to say it to, and why.

I want to say it to one of my friends that I was being too sensitive about the society, and it caused me emotional suffering, I shouldn't have been too sensitive.

And I want to say to my girlfriend that among the emotional pains, losing my best friend was most painful.

Why do I want to say these? Answer: I'm in a conversation with these two people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back