Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I don't understand " pages are smaller but more numerous"? How can it be so? Take a look at the pages of our forum: All pages are similar or the same in size and can't smaller or bigger.

So I guess "pages are smaller" might mean "pages with only one or two or a few comments are described as pages being smaller." Not sure if I am correct here.

====================
Groups opposing vaccines are small in size, but their online-communications strategy is worryingly effective and far-reaching, a report from Johnson’s team suggests. Before the SARS-CoV-2 virus emerged, Johnson’s team began mapping out a network of views on vaccination, on Facebook. They investigated more than 1,300 pages, followed by about 85 million individuals.

Their findings1, published on 13 May, suggest that anti-vaccination pages are smaller but more numerous than pro-vaccination ones, and are more often linked to in discussions on other Facebook pages — such as parent associations at schools — whose stance on vaccination is undecided.

-from Nature Magazine 13 MAY 2020
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01423-4

smaller = they contain less information
more numerous = there are more of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back