Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everyone,

I want to suggest that our fate is closely linked with the fate of our planet and its nature.

Can I use "intertwined"?

Do these sentences work?

1. Our fate is intertwined with the fate of our planet and its nature.
2. Our fate is intertwined with our planet and its nature.

Use the first one, and put a period at the end of planet.

Use the first one, and put a period at the end of planet.

Honestly, I need to also mention nature. How can I include it?

Honestly, I need to also mention nature. How can I include it?

You could say "Our fate is intertwined with that of nature and of the entire planet." I reversed the order because it seemed backwards to begin with the larger entity.

Our fate is intertwined with those of the planet and of nature.

It is, of course, factually inaccurate. The planet will be here long after we are gone.

It is, of course, factually inaccurate. The planet will be here long after we are gone.

It is incontrovertible that we are doing serious damage to our planet. I mean many species of plants and animals have become extinct owing to human's contempt for nature. So maybe we could say our planet's fate is connected to ours.
I learned today that of the reasons behind the outbreak of this Covid-19 virus is human creeping into animals' natural habitat.

I learned today that one of the reasons behind the outbreak of this Covid-19 virus is humans creeping into animals' natural habitat.

That's one of the possible causes.

I think sentence 1 is fine as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back