Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Are these phrases always used as fixed expressions? Would it be wrong to change them and say "open the doors at", "open the doors to", "open doors to", "open the door at", "open doors at", etc?

1. "Open doors at."
2. "Open the door to."
3. "Open doors for."

1. "Surrogacy opens the door for the exploitation of both the mother and the child."

2. "Surrogacy opens the door at the exploitation of both the mother and the child."

3. 'Surrogacy opens the door to the exploitation of both the mother and the child."

4. "Surrogacy opens doors for/at/to exploitation of both the mother and the child."

5. "Surrogacy opens the doors for/to/at the exploitation of both the mother and the child."

Last edited:
Please write some complete sentences for us to consider.

Please write some complete sentences for us to consider.

I edited my post. I wrote all possible forms. Perhaps there are others.

I'd open the doors at seven o'clock, to the public and for the show.

1. "Surrogacy opens the door for the exploitation of both the mother and the child." :cross:

2. "Surrogacy opens the door at the exploitation of both the mother and the child." :cross:

3. 'Surrogacy opens the door to the exploitation of both the mother and the child." :tick:

4. "Surrogacy opens doors for/at/to exploitation of both the mother and the child." :cross:

5. "Surrogacy opens the doors for/to/at the exploitation of both the mother and the child." :cross:

In the context above, use "opens the door to".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back