Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
This is a question for ESL students. "What month gets the most rain in your country?"

My answer is: 1. "Every year it's different but usually it's autumn's months.Winter is also getting warmer. It was a winter without snow last year.". I wanted to post a rephrased version. This is a rephrased one.

2. "It's different every year but usually it's one of autumn's months." I wanted to add "the" before "autumn".

This is a question for ESL students. "[STRIKE]What[/STRIKE] Which month gets the most rain in your country?"

My answer is: [STRIKE]1.[/STRIKE]
"Every year it's different but usually it's during [the] [STRIKE]autumn's months[/STRIKE] autumn.

Winter is also getting warmer. It was a winter without snow last year." no full stop here
The last two sentences are not remotely relevant to the question.

[STRIKE]I wanted to post a rephrased version. This is a rephrased one.[/STRIKE] I would like to rephrase it as follows:

[STRIKE]2.[/STRIKE] "It's different every year but it's usually [STRIKE]it's one of[/STRIKE] in [the] autumn." [STRIKE]'s months."[/STRIKE]

I wanted to add "the" before "autumn".
As you can see above, "the" is optional.

See above.

Where did you find this question, Rachel?

We really shouldn't be needing to ask for source and author after all this time.

From different websites. The list is endless.

Which one of that endless list of websites did you take this specific question from?

For students. :) I google ESL questions.

Last edited:
For students. :) I google ESL questions.

You need to make a note of the website you take these questions from. We're not being picky. There are very stringent copyright laws in the UK, where this site is based. If you can't provide the name of a book and its author, you must provide a link to the site you used, linking directly to the page where the question or sentence appears. This information needs to be provided in post #1 every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back