Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Once I was informed about the meaning I have removed that part immediatley.

Once I was made aware about the meaning I immediatley took the part down.

Do these sentences convey the same meaning?

Ah. I guess this relates to your other thread. Do you mean you used a particular word, and then someone told you that you had used that word in the wrong way?

If so, you could say:

Once I was made aware of the meaning, I immediately edited that part out.

You must use the past simple tense because the sentence focuses on action you took in the past.

1. Once I was informed [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] of the meaning, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] removed that part immediately.
2. Once I was made aware [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] of the meaning I immediately took the part [STRIKE]down[/STRIKE] out.

Do these sentences convey the same meaning?

When you're asking us about two sentences, please try to make sure there is only one difference between them. You moved the position of the word "immediately" (note the correct spelling), changed "have removed" to "took down", and used "that part" in sentence 1 and "the part" in sentence 2.

Last edited:
Could you say what you mean by "took the part down". Do you mean you removed the entire video from the hosting site? If so, I misunderstood, and my suggestion in post #2 of edited out is not right.

Please make extra effort to make it clear to us what you mean, and what you're trying to do. It wastes our time trying to guess.

When you're asking us about two sentences, please try to make sure there is only one difference between them. You moved the position of the word "immediately" (note the correct spelling), changed "have removed" to "took down", and used "that part" in sentence 1 and "the part" in sentence 2.

... and changed informed to made aware. That makes five differences!

1. Once I was informed about of the meaning, I have removed that part immediately.

Why we can't use "about" instead of "of"? Please help me to understand.

1. Once I was informed aboutof the meaning, I have removed that part immediately..

You were told that you needed the past simple there.

1. Once I was informed aboutof the meaning, I have removed that part immediately.

We didn't tell you to say informed of. In post #2 I told you to say: Once I was made aware of the meaning ...

1. Once I was informed aboutof the meaning, I have removed that part immediately.

Remember that different prepositions have different meanings.

You should follow informed with of when the meaning is similar to 'notified' or 'made aware of', which is what I think you mean in this case.

to inform somebody of something

Once I was informed of the error = Once somebody pointed out to me that there was an error

You can follow informed with about when the meaning is similar to 'educated', which I think is not what you mean in this context. If you are informed about a particular subject, you know things about it.

to be informed about something

Last edited:
While I know the word inform, I rarely (if ever) use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back