Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Does "the other side of a window" make sense and do you use it?

I mean it's better to be inside when it's raining.
"I live in a very rainy town. I hate going out when it is raining. We can observe this weather throughout all seasons. It's better to be on the other side of a window and watching people in the rain."

Slightly humorous and I like it . :-D

We can observe this weather throughout all seasons.

Do you mean "It rains here all year round"?
In general, people don't "observe weather". That's saved for amateur and professional meteorologists.

I am guessing that by "It's better to be on the other side of the window" you mean it's better to be inside when it's raining.

Do you mean "It rains here all year round"?
In general, people don't "observe weather". That's saved for amateur and professional meteorologists.

Yes, I do. Is "throughout all seasons" unnatural? What do native speakers use instead of "observe" in such sentences?

I am guessing that by "It's better to be on the other side of the window" you mean it's better to be inside when it's raining.

Yes. Does it also sound unnatural?

Yes, I do. Is "throughout all seasons" unnatural? What do native speakers use instead of "observe" in such sentences?

We don't really "do" anything to weather. It just happens. I suppose you could say we experience it, but I wouldn't find that very natural.

We don't really "do" anything to weather. It just happens. I suppose you could say we experience it, but I wouldn't find that very natural.

I wouldn't use "throughout all seasons" either if it's unnatural too.

Yes. Does it also sound unnatural?

Well, if that's you mean then it would in my humble opinion be better to say it. Otherwise, people have to guess (as I did).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back