Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I will have IELTS in three months, and I now am trying to figure out how can I effectively study English in order to get 8 scores, which is rather difficult I know.
and I guess my speaking will be the worst part comparing to other sections as I do not have foreigners or friends who are currently studying English.
I am wondering how it can learn English effectively If I can study a whole day during these months.

Especially, for the speaking, I do not have English speakers around me and no too many friends in my life.

I love learning English but I by far is still a noob. I want to speak much more fluently.

I will [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] take the IELTS exam in three months, and I [STRIKE]now[/STRIKE] am trying to figure out how [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] I can effectively study English in order to get a score of 8 [STRIKE]scores[/STRIKE] in each section, which is rather difficult I know.

[STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I guess [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the speaking section will be the worst, [STRIKE]part[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]comparing[/STRIKE] compared to the other sections as I do not [STRIKE]have foreigners or friends[/STRIKE] know anyone else who [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is currently studying English.

I am wondering how [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] I can learn English effectively. If I can study a whole day during these months. (I don't understand the underlined part.)

[STRIKE]Especially, for the speaking,[/STRIKE] I do not have English speakers around me [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] nor do I have [STRIKE]too[/STRIKE] many friends in my life.

I love learning English but I [STRIKE]by far is[/STRIKE] am still a [STRIKE]noob[/STRIKE] beginner. I want to speak much more fluently.

Please see my corrections to your post above. You have some work to do in the next three months. Do you have anyone at all you can practise with? Can you put something on social media or in your local library asking if there is a native English speaker who is prepared to chat with you a couple of times a week?

Do you listen to English-speaking radio and watch TV and films in English? Are you taking formal classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back