Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

Nowadays, many people invest so much in their bodies. Breast enlargement and lip augmentation have almost become the norm for women who want to make a career in the media and entertainment. Elderly people get a face lift, which sometimes make them look more like a lifeless mask than human face. And some vain men and women even correct their sexual organs. Others spend hours in gyms and sunbed salons, trimming and shaping their bodies to look perfect. But the old adage that says that beauty comes from the inside is still valid. All the outward beauty is worth nothing if your inside is ugly.

Not a teacher.

in [strike]the[/strike] media and entertainment.
get [strike]a[/strike] face lifts
I'd probably say "which sometimes make their faces look more like lifeless masks than those of humans."
Perhaps "worth nothing" - > "worthless"
Perhaps "But the old adage [strike]that says[/strike] that beauty..."

Last edited:
And some vain men and women even correct their sexual organs.

That's called enhancement. And I've never heard of women doing that sort of thing.

Certainly, vanity is not new. We just have more options nowadays.

What women do is called a labiaplasty and what man do is called a scrotal lift. The goal of both procedures is to remove excess and saggy skin. These new generations are different from us. They spend more time on their gadgets than living a real life and therefore they behave differently. A girl publishes a picture of her well-trained bottom on Instagram and then thousands of people give her likes and comment on her body part as if that were the most important news in the world.

What women do is called a labiaplasty and what man do is called a scrotal lift. The goal of both procedures is to remove excess and saggy skin.

I have never heard of either of those before. :-o

These new generations are different from us. They spend more time on their gadgets than living a real life and therefore they behave differently. A girl publishes a picture of her shapely bottom on Instagram and then thousands of people give her likes and comment on her body part as if that were the most important thing in the world.

I don't have Instagram, and now I have another reason not to get it.

It's okay to say butt if that's what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back