Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Philippines
Is this text good as it stands or do I need to improve it?

Not being able to colonize other parts of the world anymore, Americans and Europeans are now spreading their unhealthy wheat, fat and sugar-dominated eating habits all over the world to make money and to make the formerly soft and smooth-skinned Asians get skin diseases and pimples. McDonald's, Coca-Cola and Nestle are only few of many examples.

Did you write this piece yourself? If not, who did?

Have you heard of demand and supply?

Yes, I have, but e.g. here in Manila, the simple people who predominantly eat rice, fish, mangos and vegetables usually look so healthy and smooth-skinned, whereas the rich people who watch ads for the products I mentioned and then consume then every day, get fat and have the same unhealthy skin like most Europeans and Americans have. It's a difference like day and night, caused by the greedy foreign companies.

I repeat - demand and supply. If people didn't want to eat this stuff, no one would bother selling it.

Your assertion that most Europeans and Americans are fat with bad skin leaves you skating on very thin ice on this forum. You will have noticed, I am sure, that another of your posts was deleted because of an offensive sweeping generalisation about a specific nationality. You were given a warning on that occasion. You're getting another one now.

I am closing this thread. You will wish to carefully consider the content of any future posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back