Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello
Is there any English accent pronounces nose as noys, in rhythm with toys?
Thank you

Hello
Is there any English accent pronounces 'nose' as 'noys', [STRIKE]in rhythm[/STRIKE] to rhyme with with 'toys'?
I don't know of any.

Not that I know of (assuming you mean 'rhyme' rather than 'rhythm'), though at some stage in the development of English all sorts of spellings for this diphthong were tried. (My sister, when she wanted to write 'poisonous' but was too young to know the spelling, spelled it 'posenes' - not terribly relevant, I know ;-))

b

Not that I know of (assuming you mean 'rhyme' rather than 'rhythm'), though at some stage in the development of English all sorts of spellings for this diphthong were tried. (My sister, when she wanted to write 'poisonous' but was too young to know the spelling, spelled it 'posenes' - not terribly relevant, I know ;-))

b

I usually post from my iPhone. I type the first two or three letters and it audo completes the rest haha I love it :lol:

Did you hear it anywhere?

I pronounce it this way. I wanted to figure out from where I adapted this pronunciation?
A movie, radio, a previous bad teacher!!!

Maybe at some point you just got "nose" and "noise" mixed up because they look so similar. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back