non-defining to-infinitive clause

• Thread starter OldTeacher
  • Start date
  • Views : 2,129
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OldTeacher

I know it may be weird to someone, but could anyone give me a example of non-defining relative to-infinitive clause?

for example;
Ocean whales, to have been being caught through scientitic experiments, is becoming extinct by degrees.

do you have another example?

This scholar, to be found daily in the British Museum, has devoted his life to the history of science.

I know it may be weird to someone, but could anyone give me a example of non-defining relative to-infinitive clause?

for example;
Ocean whales, to have been being caught through scientitic experiments, is becoming extinct by degrees.

do you have another example?
Do you mean:
"Ocean whales, due to having been caught for scientific experiments, are becoming extent by degrees"?

"Ocean whales, due to their being caught for scientific experiments, are becoming extent by degrees"?

Non-defining clause:
The polar bears, to be introduced to the public on Saturday, arrived from Canada last month.
Defining clause:
The polar bears to be introduced to the public on Saturday arrived from Canada last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back