Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Can I say a person injects a feeling in another person?

Is this good?

Nicole injects self-doubt into Nick. She makes him insecure a little more each day. And surprise, surprise! Nick keeps running towards her for validation. He has become addicted to her validation.

You may be the first to use the word that way. Perhaps:

She causes him to doubt himself.

Can I say a person injects a feeling into another person?

Is this good?

Nicole injects self-doubt into Nick. She makes him a little more insecure [STRIKE]a little more[/STRIKE] each day. And surprise, surprise - Nick keeps running towards her for validation, to which he has become addicted. [STRIKE]to her validation. [/STRIKE]

I don't like the use of "injects into" there. She might "spark" or "bring about" Nick's self-doubt.

Note my other corrections. It's interesting that you correctly used "injects ... into" in the main piece, but used "injects in" in both your title and your question.

I don't like the use of "injects into" there. She might "spark" or "bring about" Nick's self-doubt.

Note my other corrections. It's interesting that you correctly used "injects ... into" in the main piece, but used "injects in" in both your title and your question.

Nicole is an expert at making him doubt himself. She makes him a little more insecure each day. And surprise, surprise - Nick keeps running towards her for validation, to which he has become addicted.

Can I use "confirmation" instead of "validation"?

It depends on what you're talking about. What exactly is it that Nick keeps going to Nicole for? In what situation? What is the context?

It depends on what you're talking about. What exactly is it that Nick keeps going to Nicole for? In what situation? What is the context?

Nicole is very manipulative and smart. She makes Nick insecure. She undermines his confidence. And she forces to come to her so that she can validate him and tell him his fine.

Nicole is very manipulative and smart. She makes Nick insecure. She undermines his confidence.

[STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] She forces him to come to her so that she can validate him and tell him [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] he's fine.

I already understood the parts in grey above. I'm still confused about the rest. In what situations does he go to her? How does he make it clear that he's looking for her validation? Is he really just trying to get her to say "You're fine"?

I already understood the parts in grey above. I'm still confused about the rest. In what situations does he go to her? How does he make it clear that he's looking for her validation? Is he really just trying to get her to say "You're fine"?

Yes. Basically. He needs her to call him every day. To tell him she thinks highly of him. To tell him she approves of him.

By the way, is this good?

Nicole is an expert at making him doubt himself. She makes him a little more insecure each day. And surprise, surprise - Nick keeps running towards her for validation, to which he has become addicted.

That's better, but I suggest to instead of towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back