Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

Gan got the joke and laughed too, but if he hadn’t known any better he’d have thought Lili and his wife had conspired to tease him together.

The next day, Lili and Gan went back to the cave and made over a hundred torches before re-entering. Lili said, “I don’t think I’m going to believe just how big this cavern is until I see it for myself.”

Gan nodded. “I wouldn’t either. I’ve seen caverns this size before, but only in photos that my father showed me. It’s the limestone I think; even a little flowing water can carve it out over thousands or millions of years.”

Once the torches were set and lit, they could see that the cavern was dome-shaped and looked very solid. The domed chamber softly echoed their voices as they talked, and then Gan noticed the echoes of water dripping.

“Where is that dripping sound coming from, can you tell”? The sound seemed to be coming from all directions. Lili and Gan stood as silently as they could and listened.

Lili pointed. “There, that’s where it’s coming from.”

They found another passage in the wall, almost opposite the one that led to the cave. Gan had missed it the first time because he had navigated the wall in a clockwise direction and the narrow passageway angled in an anti-clockwise direction; if he’d come the other way, he would have seen it easily.

Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

Gan got the joke and laughed too, but if he hadn’t known any better he’d have thought Lili and his wife had conspired to tease him together.

The next day, Lili and Gan went back to the cave and made over a hundred torches before re-entering. Lili said, “I don’t think I’m going to believe just how big this cavern is until I see it for myself.”

Gan nodded. “I wouldn’t either. I’ve seen caverns this size before, but only in photos that my father showed me. It’s the limestone I think; even a little flowing water can carve it out over thousands or millions of years.”

Once the torches were set and lit, they could see that the cavern was dome-shaped and looked very solid. The domed chamber softly echoed their voices as they talked, and then Gan noticed the echoes of water dripping.

“Where is that dripping sound coming from? Can you tell”? The sound seemed to be coming from all directions. Lili and Gan stood as silently as they could and listened.

Lili pointed. “There, that’s where it’s coming from.”

They found another passage in the wall, almost opposite the one that led to the cave. Gan had missed it the first time because he had navigated the wall [STRIKE]in a[/STRIKE] clockwise [STRIKE]direction[/STRIKE] and the narrow passageway angled in a counter-clockwise direction. If he’d come the other way, he would have seen it easily.
Nice. Your sentence organization is improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back