Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello everyone!

I have worked with some conjunction like just as, as if and on the grounds that. So, I wrote couple of sentences related to those conjunction. Did I use them correctly?

My sentences;

Many company relinquished their profits on the grounds that rate of inflation was announced as more than expected.

Telecommunication industry speeds its work up on the grounds that rate of data volume gains an acceleration because of people who work at home.

China Airlines,which is more popular company, have decided to shut down its operation department on the grounds that increment of number of Corona Virus keeps increasing.

Just as wifes have rights upon their husbands, husbands have rights upon their wifes.

Just as car manufacturers use steel for making car chase,motorcycle manufacturers use steel too.

Just as parents take after their children, children will take after their parents when they got old.

He takes all reponsibility related to project as if he completed whole project.

There are conflicts in city as if he did not have any information.

He acted like as if he was a thief.

Hello everyone!

I have [STRIKE]worked with[/STRIKE] been practising the use of some conjunctions like just as, as if and on the grounds that. So, I wrote a couple of sentences related to those conjunctions. Did I use them correctly?

My sentences:
Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)
None of the sentences you wrote is error free.
I suggest that you ask about those sentences in our Ask a Teacher section. Post no more than two or three threads at a time, and include only one sentence per thread.

First of all, thank you for your kindly wishes.
I am a little bit sad. :) I though that one of my sentences was correct. So, I have to study more and being patience.
Actually, I have been studying for IELTS writing and I was going to share my essays on this section. At least, my purpose was that.

(My purpose list :
Studying conjunctions and essay structure
Argumentative Essay
Cause and Effect Essay
IELTS Writing 1
IELTS Writing 2 )

May I share my essays? One of competent member said that I could share my essays.
If this request is unacceptable, would you mind if can you inform me ?

First of all, thank you for your kind wishes.

I am a little bit sad. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE] I thought that one of my sentences was correct. So, I have to study more and be [STRIKE]patience[/STRIKE] patient.
Actually, I have been studying for IELTS writing, and I was going to share my essays on this section. At least, my purpose was that.

(My purpose list :
Studying conjunctions and essay structure
Argumentative Essay
Cause and Effect Essay
IELTS Writing 1
IELTS Writing 2 )

May I share my essays?

Yes, you may share practice essays.

One of the competent members said that I could share my essays.

And now an incompetent member has said so, too!

If this request is unacceptable, would you mind informing me ?
Send an essay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back