My pronunciations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about your question, and I can't open the audio files.

"How" sounds OK each time.
Only the second pronunciation of "join" sounds close to me. The first is too short/clipped. The third is too long and sounds like "joy-een".
Both pronunciations of "power" are unnatural. It sounds as if you are ending them with "ah", not "er".

Take a look at Forvo - choose English as the language and then search for your words. You can find lots of examples of native speakers from all over the world pronouncing thousands of words. There are, for example, 13 audio files of native speakers saying "how" on there. The only one I would exclude is the one by Jujucherry - it's very unnatural.

To me, your second complete recording of "power" is much better than the first, as you have completely followed Emsr2d2's recommendation. :)

Out of the two pronunciations on this second recording, the first is slightly quicker, flows most naturally and so works best in my opinion. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back