My motorcycle was in the speed of 10 km when a dog suddenly bit my foot.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
My motorcycle was in the speed of 10 km/hrs when a dog suddenly bit my foot.

Do we say "motorcycle was in 10 km/hrs speed"?

No, that's completely wrong.

I was travelling at 10km/h on my motorcycle/motorbike ...
I was doing 10km/h on my motorcycle/motorbike ...

(km/h = kilometres per hour)

What on earth does the dog biting your foot have to do with the rest of the sentence?

Or:

I was going 10kph.

Last edited:
No, that's completely wrong.

I was travelling at 10km/h on my motorcycle/motorbike ...
I was doing 10km/h on my motorcycle/motorbike ...

(km/h = kilometres per hour)

What on earth does the dog biting your foot have to do with the rest of the sentence?
It happened to me a few days ago. I wasn't even speeding up. I was going at around 10-20 km/h because I had just taken a sharp turn suddenly I felt a dog bite my right foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the speed of your motorbike have to do with you being bitten by a dog? I don't see any reason for the extra information. Why not just say "The other day, I was bitten by a dog while I was riding my motorbike"?

Was the dog running alongside you at the same speed or did it bite you for no reason as you went past it?

Yes it bit me without any reason.
How do we know what was going on in a dog's brain? Many times the dog chased me when I was riding my bike. Dogs do it.

@stanislaw.masny It might be defending its territory. Or it might be reacting to movement. (The hunting instinct.)

Last edited:

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back