Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
I have tried to use the word "change" in the following sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes?

1. Ben changed into his swimming trunks and was immediately transformed into the object of desire for the women who ogled him.
2. Maria planned her wedding for months, but then had a change of heart and had to apologise her prospective bridegroom.
3. Peter returned to his hometown after twenty years and saw that it had undergone enormous changes.
4. The president has promised to bring about radical changes in the economy and politics.
5. The Jacksons usually travel to Spain on holiday, but this year they decided to stay home for a change.
6. Steve came out prison, changed beyond recognition.
7. As soon as Michael asked Peter about his personal problems, the latter changed the subject.
8. Friends advised Bob not to walk alone in the mountain, but nobody and nothing could change his mind.
9. Because of hundreds of thousands of young people who move abroad searching for work, the country has undergone a drastic demographic change.
10. To get to work, Mark has to change trains twice, which is often frustrating and wearisome.
11. Bea works as a chambermaid and has to change dozens of beds every morning.
12. The seller told Peter that the car had changed hands only once, but something in his attitude warned Peter he was lying.
13. Bob asked the fellow passenger to change places so that he could sit next his friend Clive.
14. Anna struggled to slim down because of her unwillingness to change her eating habits.
15. The government has promised to change an ugly, poor suburb into a prosperous part of town.

I have tried to use the word "change" in the following sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes?

1. Ben changed into his swimming trunks and was immediately transformed into an object of desire for the women who ogled him.
2. Maria planned her wedding for months, but then had a change of heart and had to apologise to her prospective bridegroom.
3. Peter returned to his hometown after twenty years and saw that it had undergone enormous changes.
4. The president has promised to bring about radical changes in the economy and the political system.
5. The Jacksons usually travel to Spain on holiday, but this year they decided to stay home for a change.
6. Steve came out prison (No comma) changed beyond recognition.
7. As soon as Michael asked Peter about his personal problems, the latter changed the subject.
8. Friends advised Bob not to walk alone on the mountain, but nobody and nothing could change his mind.
9. Because of hundreds of thousands of young people who move abroad searching for work, the country has undergone a drastic demographic change.
10. To get to work, Mark has to change trains twice, which is often frustrating and wearisome.
11. Bea works as a chambermaid and has to change dozens of beds every morning.
12. The seller told Peter that the car had changed hands only once, but something in his attitude warned Peter he was lying.
13. Bob asked the fellow passenger to change places with him so that he could sit next his friend Clive.
14. Anna struggled to slim down because of her unwillingness to change her eating habits.
15. The government has promised to change an ugly, poor suburb into a prosperous part of town.

I would say Peter changed the subject (not the latter), but I'm sure that's just me.

I think that this sentence would read better if you reorganized it as follows:

Mark has to change trains twice to get to work, which is often frustrating and wearisome.

I would say Peter changed the subject (not the latter), but I'm sure that's just me.

It's not just you, I agree with you. This sentence flows a lot better and is easier to read when Peter is referred to by name - otherwise, most readers will have to go back and see who "the latter" is in order to make sense of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back