Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Could someone please check this paragraph for mistakes?

I am going to talk about/I want to talk about one of my close friends whose name is Sara. We first met each other in the company for/in which we both work. I mean, we were just colleagues before establishing our friendships. As I saw her first, I got many good vibes from her. As well as her being reliable, it is her usual honesty that really attracts my attention. Although I am an introverted kind of a person who finds it difficult to make friends, I would always love to have her as a friend of mine because I find that we have gotten/got along quite well and that have shared a lot in common. That was how our friendships started to develop. Now, she is more of a friend than a colleague to me. With the passage of time, our friendships are growing closer and much stronger, and the more we get to know one another, the more we enjoy each other’s company. I also have to say that I like the direction our communications/relationships are going. What I mean is that, our mutual respect and mutual understanding, along with valuing each other and respecting one another privacy have really make it possible to build such long-lasting, strong friendships/relationships, which we hope that will last a lifetime. I think What I like most about her is that she is so considerate and caring that whenever I have difficulty overcoming hardships in my life, she is the first person to offer help, along with being a good listener by encouraging me with kind words, and I often find her words as well as her voice always comforting. You know, she is a great comfort to me during those difficult time, and so am I to her. In addition, she is the only person in my life with whom/who I share my secrets without worrying about whether they will be revealed or not. This makes her a really loyal and good friend that everyone wishes that she/he had (her)as a close friend too. Six months ago she left the company to give birth. Since then, we have kept in touch via emails, phone contacts, texting.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Could someone please check this paragraph for mistakes?

I am going to talk about/I want to talk about one of my close friends, whose name is Sara. We [STRIKE]first met each other in the company for/in which we both[/STRIKE] met at work. I mean, we were [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] colleagues before we became friends. [STRIKE]establishing our friendships.[/STRIKE] I liked her right from the beginning. [STRIKE]As I saw her first, I got many good vibes from her.[/STRIKE] As well as her being reliable, it [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was her usual honesty that really attracted my attention. Although I am an introverted kind of person who finds it difficult to make friends, I [STRIKE]would always love[/STRIKE] really wanted to have her as a friend of mine because I [STRIKE]find[/STRIKE] found that we [STRIKE]have gotten/[/STRIKE] got along quite well and that [STRIKE]have shared[/STRIKE] we had a lot in common. That was how our friendship started. [STRIKE]to develop.[/STRIKE] Now, she is more of a friend than a colleague to me. With the passage of time, our friendship [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is growing closer and much stronger, and the more we get to know one another, the more we enjoy each other’s company. I also have to say that I like the direction our [STRIKE]communications/relationships are[/STRIKE] friendship is going. What I mean is that our mutual respect and mutual understanding, along with valuing each other and respecting one another's privacy, [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has really [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] made it possible to build such a long-lasting and strong friendship, [STRIKE]s/relationships,[/STRIKE] which we hope [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] will last a lifetime. I think what I like most about her is that she is so considerate and caring, that whenever I have difficulty overcoming hardships in my life, she is the first person to offer help, along with being a good listener by encouraging me with kind words, and I often find her words as well as her voice always comforting. You know, she is a great comfort to me during those difficult times, and so am I to her. In addition, she is the only person in my life with whom [STRIKE]/who[/STRIKE] I share my secrets, without worrying about whether they will be revealed or not. This makes her such a really loyal and good friend that everyone wishes [STRIKE]that she/he had (her)as a close[/STRIKE] she was their friend too. Six months ago, she went on maternity leave. [STRIKE]left the company to give birth.[/STRIKE] Since then, we have kept in touch via emails, phone [STRIKE]contacts,[/STRIKE] calls and texting.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Teechar for all the time and effort you've put into proofreading and helping all learners here to improve their English. I really appreciate it.

Anyway, as a teacher, do you think it would be a good idea to share all pieces of my writings with my classmates? I mean, like me, they are also preparing for the IELTS exam. However, some of them don't like English at all, and they just have to take the IELTS, while others’ English levels are so low that they don’t even know about the basic grammar rules, still others don't put enough time into their schedule to improve their English. Now, I need your guide and advice on how I can help them to get good score on the exam. Do you think if I share what I write causes them not to be creative and not to study more, or it will help them to be familiar with new ideas and to be motivated to try and study more as well as make them happy?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It depends what you mean by "share". I certainly think that you shouldn't just spoon-feed them as that would probably encourage laziness and not lead to any positive results. However, if they need help with a particular point, you can use examples from your writings to demonstrate/explain something to them. I know this is a blatant plug, but how about suggesting to them to join the forum? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back