Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
"I believe that there is a misunderstanding /mixing up from HR that you would like to consider me for the role that has already been filled recently.

I explained to Sonia that I am not applying for a specific role especially the recently filled role and the evidence is that although when she earlier informed us that the role is for national and later she informed us the role has already filled, you asked me to stay in touch and you intervened and reply to my email and told me that you would like to beef the team up.

I also clarified to her that my recent follow-up with you upon on which they called me today to inform me that the role is filled, is as per your request not from myself.

I believe that your evolvement is still needed to confirm the role noting that I welcome joining as a consultant to beef this team as you are planning."

Is this supposed to be an email? (I hope you haven't sent it to anybody.)

I suggest that you rewrite it using shorter sentences and using words that you understand.

Clarity is the most important thing. (We want people to understand what we are saying.)

Unfortunately, that seems to be a bunch of random, unfocused thoughts.

Use shorter, simpler sentences.

Is this supposed to be an email? (I hope you haven't sent it to anybody.)

I suggest that you rewrite it using shorter sentences and using words that you understand.

Clarity is the most important thing. (We want people to understand what we are saying.)

Unfortunately, that seems to be a bunch of random, unfocused thoughts.

Use shorter, simpler sentences.

I still didn't send this email.

I did my best to write that way. If you have any concerns/suggestions they would be very much appreciated.

I don't see any vagueness in what I wrote. Please specify what is vague and I will try to explain it more.

Thanks Tarheel ��

I still didn't send this email.

I did my best to write that way. If you have any concerns/suggestions they would be very much appreciated.

I don't see any vagueness in what I wrote. Please specify what is vague and I will try to explain it more.

Thanks Tarheel ��

To be fair, I wouldn't say it was vague. I'd definitely say it's full of waffle. The most important piece of advice in Tarheel's post is "Use shorter, simpler sentences". After reading your post, I have absolutely no idea what happened!

I will explain it more as follows:

The CEO eariler has asked me to send my CV to him to forward to HR. They replied to me saying that "the role is filled". However he didn't pay attention to what they said and asked me to stay in touch.

Later on, the CEO asked me to reconnect with him to be considered for an interview. The HR said the same "the role is filled".

I would like to inform them that the CEO didn't mean the role that already has been filled and of course he means another role and that there is a confusion or misunderstanding happened.

Hope that this clarifies what I wanted to express.

That's better! There does seem to be some confusion as to what is going on.

Your explanation is much easier to understand than the email.

I don't know how to advise you about the situation. (Charlie might have some ideas.)

(I am fairly sure that by evolvement you meant involvement, but I wouldn't use that word anyway.)

I want to tell them that the CEO didn't mean the role that already has been filled, but he means a different role and that there is a is a misunderstanding about what happened.

That's better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back