English Teacher
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Dear All I am trying to ex plain the picture for my students :

We cut out a circle from a piece of paper, drew a scalene triangle in the middle, and six lines around it. It was then placed on the top of the cake. Icing sugar was then sprinkled all over the cake and the scalene triangle and the lines were filled with icing sugar sugar.

. I don't know if my explanation is right . I mean if the words I use are right ! Thank you

View attachment 4501

Last edited:
Dear All, I am trying to explain/describe the a picture for to my students.
Hi rosacalvino, and welcome to the forum. :)
Why is that particular picture important?

We cut out a circle from a piece of paper and drew a scalene triangle in the middle and six lines around it. It was then placed on the top of the cake. Icing sugar was then sprinkled all over the cake as well as on the paper cutout. and the scalene triangle and the lines were filled with icing sugar sugar.
Try that. Does it work for you?
I don't know if my explanation is right-- I mean if the words I use are right! Thank you.
Note that "use" appears to be missing tense in that sentence above. Using the correct tense is quite important in English. In that sentence you can say "... the words I'm using" or "... the words I've used".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back