Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148]My main purpose of camping is for my daughter to play with her peers well in camping, Many of her peers/many same aged boys and girls as hercome to a camp site. I know the some camp sites that are very well organized for children’s safety.[/FONT]

Is the underlined correct?
In Korea, you can call people who are not actually your friends "friends" if they are same aged as you.
So in Korean, "friend" has two meanings : your real friend and same aged people.

The last part of the first sentence is awkward. What do you mean by "play well in camping? Do you mean "have a good time"?
"Many of her peers" is fine or " many of her friends of (around) her age".

Yes, it is "have a good time". So it should be.
My main purpose of camping is for my daughter to have a good time with her peers well in camping

The last part of the first sentence is awkward. What do you mean by "play well in camping? Do you mean "have a good time"?

Can you say "her friends" even if the kids are actually not her friends, but the ones she first meets in English?

many of her friends of (around) her age

You can say "other children of her age".

I'd reword the whole thing, starting with "My main reason".

The main reason I take my daughter camping is so she can have fun with kids her own age.

Taking my daughter camping

Perhaps:

I take my daughter camping so she can have a good time playing with kids her own age.

Your latest threads have the same general theme, yet none of them have that word (camping) in the thread title. Curious.

Re: Taking my daughter camping

OK, sorry for that, I will include the title with some meaning from now on.
Perhaps:

I take my daughter camping so she can have a good time playing with kids her own age.

Your latest threads have the same general theme, yet none of them have that word (camping) in the thread title. Curious.

Re: Taking my daughter camping

OK, sorry for that, I will include the title with some meaning from now on.

OK. That will be good.

(Please follow my lead and post the comments after the quote box.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back