[Grammar] Mail to University. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kompis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
I would like to know if this is written correctly and in a formal manner? If not, what would you recommend me changning?
Dear sir or madam,

I have been looking to submit my application for your University very soon but would like to ask some questions regarding certain steps that i'm not completely sure about.

In the application form it says that I am supposed to write down my Social Security Number, but as an International Student I do not have one.
Is it neccesary for me to submit one, if so how do I solve it?

Also regarding the application, If I am to submit my application and the fee online do you want all of the additional document such as the TOEFL test result sent to your adress
or do you want them sent in online as well?

And thirdly, Is taking the SATs neccesary for me as an international student for me to be considered?

Thank you for your help, and I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

-my name-

Thank you in advance people!

I would like to know if this is written correctly and in a formal manner. If not, what would you recommend me changing?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I [STRIKE]have been looking[/STRIKE] wish to submit my application [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to study at your University, [STRIKE]very soon[/STRIKE] but first I would like to get some clarification about some points. [STRIKE]ask some questions regarding certain steps that i'm not completely sure about.[/STRIKE]

In the application form, it says that I am supposed to write down my Social Security Number, but as an international student, I do not have one. Is it necessary for me to apply for one, or what should I do? [STRIKE]submit one, if so how do I solve it?[/STRIKE]

Also, [STRIKE]regarding the application,[/STRIKE] If I am to submit my application and the fee online, do you want all of the additional documents, such as the TOEFL test results, sent to your address, or should they be submitted [STRIKE]do you want them sent in[/STRIKE] online as well?

And thirdly, is taking the SAT necessary for me as an international student [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] to be considered for admission into your university?

Thank you for your help, and I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

-my name-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back